Welcome to The Creative Spirit

WELCOME.....to The Creative Spirit....my own little creative nook, filled with simple little projects, grand ideas, and anything suggested by my Creative Muse........

Monday, January 28, 2013

Make It Monday: Button Heart

 
It's Make It Monday....so I thought I'd try something for Valentine's Day. Well while browsing in the craft department I came across some packages of buttons and since I have been seeing button art everywhere I thought I might give it a try. Let's just say I was surprised that it was a little more difficult than you would think!

First I drew a light outline of a heart on my wooden plaque (which I had painted white)  Then I attempted to glue some buttons to make the outline.

 
 
 
Here's what it looked like after a little effort. It was hard to get the buttons to fill the center of the heart without too big of gaps.  I am wondering if I should have painted the heart red on the plaque so that the spaces wouldn't be quite as obvious. IDK.
 
Then I decided the heart on the plain white looked a little "unfinished" so I used a sponge to add a little pink.
 

I'm still not totally satisfied with it but I will definitely try something with buttons again...they are fun to work with. Have you seen the Christmas Trees created out of buttons? I'm thinking a jack o lantern might be fun to try with orange and black buttons. Well, my heart is nothing fancy but I put in on display in the little desk.




No comments:

Post a Comment