Welcome to The Creative Spirit

WELCOME.....to The Creative Spirit....my own little creative nook, filled with simple little projects, grand ideas, and anything suggested by my Creative Muse........

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Creativity and Your Daily Planner






Oh all the creative people have been doodling in their planners for years and now it's becoming another "must buy" option. Simple Stories came out with an awesome planner set this year. It's binder based and has all the bells and whistles!  I love it and I had planned to buy it!  Enter shipping issues (some problem with a strike on the dock delayed shipment of said planner items until almost the end of January)


Anyway I needed a planner so I bought a simple one at Walmart for 7.95. It's spiral bound and has lots of room! There are monthly calendars along with weekly pages after each monthly calendar. Does it have all the bells and whistles? No. Does it do the job? Yes.








I use my planner weekly sections for not only appointments but also as a sort of journal so when I "look back" I can remember what was going on it life at that time!


When I found out the Simple Stories planner was available....I went to a web site to order it. Oh the lovely possibilities. After putting everything in my cart (and I didn't even add ALL the items) It was 80 dollars plus shipping. When you look at planners overall 80 dollars isn't horrible as most of them are in the 65-75 range in the office supply stores!  Hmmmm. I hesitated before hitting the order button. What will I do with the spiral bound planner I've already started?  Will I go back in time and fill the January things in if I buy the new planner set up?  Do I need all of that to do what I want to do?  It was hard but I backed away from ordering the set. I'm not saying I might not order it for next year but for this year I'll stick with the simple one I have. I realize that the Simple stories planner is designed to "do it all" That is be a calendar, a to do list, a menu planner, as well as a scrapbook. Don't get me wrong...I still LOVE it. I just don't feel like spending 80 dollars for a set up when I have something in place that's working! I hope to be able to try it in the future and see if it adds to my planner "joy" ....sigh.....that darn strike cost me the adventure for this year.


P.S. I do have several Simple Stories Snap albums that I love for photos and December Dailies and other awesome things!  It's a great line of products but I just couldn't justify the cost after setting up the 2015 planner I already had!





No comments:

Post a Comment