Welcome to The Creative Spirit

WELCOME.....to The Creative Spirit....my own little creative nook, filled with simple little projects, grand ideas, and anything suggested by my Creative Muse........

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Paper Trees

It's Christmas in July at Magical Holiday Home and I'll be making TREES all month long and perhaps a few ornaments also because our theme this year is...."Oh Christmas Tree!"
This week my feature is paper trees. I found this idea on a couple different blogs so I thought I'd try my hand at it too!
First I went in search of some oldish looking paper because I wanted to make some vintage looking ones. Behold an old church hymnal....perfect. The trees were easy to cut out but fanning out the branches wasn't as easy as it looked! I still need to fluff these a bit. They actually look better in person than they do in the pic.
I am thinking about making several more of the smallest one to go with my vintage Christmas houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment