Welcome to The Creative Spirit

WELCOME.....to The Creative Spirit....my own little creative nook, filled with simple little projects, grand ideas, and anything suggested by my Creative Muse........

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Christmas Art Journal 2014

Last week I posted that I was going to use the little Snap binder I used in 2013 and just add another section......but I decided just to use another one of the Snap binders for 2014. I wanted a "fresh" start so to speak!

 
I'm doing a little advanced prep to make December flow a little smoother!  Last year I used this first divider front as December 1st but this year I decided to just let it be the "cover page" and do Day One on the back of it. This year I'm doing a Holly Jolly Christmas!
 
I have all 25 pages in the album, most are just paper or paper cut out to fit the inserts. I can switch them around some as I add pages to let them "speak" about the day!
 
 
Here's an example of one of the pre-prepped pages. This is just a generic Winter one, ready for journaling and a photo....hope we get at least one snowy day so I can use this one!
 
 
Another prepped page (which of course will be added to as the day/month unfolds) I tried to include different sizes and whole pages. I usually also end up adding some Christmas card fronts that are just so pretty and make excellent inserts because you can journal on the back of them.
 
 
And another example.
 
About the only thing I have "bought" this year for the December journal is this tape (washi-like) that I picked up at the Dollar Tree. They had so many pretty Christmas ones I just couldn't resist. I might go back and pick up some of the others at some point.
 
 
It's not too late....in fact now is the perfect time to pre-prep some pages for your December journal!
 

1 comment: