Welcome to The Creative Spirit

WELCOME.....to The Creative Spirit....my own little creative nook, filled with simple little projects, grand ideas, and anything suggested by my Creative Muse........

Saturday, November 15, 2014

How Do You Document December?


This is my artsy (sort of) December journal from 2011. I've always loved the idea of documenting my favorite time of the year but alas some years seem more successful in doing that than others. I was happy with December 11th because I actually managed to keep up with the daily entries AND it was cutesy. Notice I don't say a masterpiece or beautiful....but when we get away from perfection we are better able to actually journal. This one I made by covering index card dividers the 5 x 8 sized ones.


This is the 2012 version. I used a board book that I took apart and painted or covered with paper. It was a little bit bigger canvas but I still managed it!


This is the cover of the 2013 one which I am also planning to use this year. I will just insert a chipboard divider between the two years and add "and 2014" to the front of it.

I love these little SNAP journal binders. They also have a new planner coming out for 2015 which I can't wait to get my hands on. It's called a Life Documented planner. I created one in 2014 from a hodge podge of materials but I REALLY want to give this set up a try.

Now here's a picture of my elf journal that I add to each year to document our elf adventures. It doesn't include everything we do...I mean let's get honest...I could never keep up with all of that but it does include a cute variety of things to celebrate our memories!



These two pages are from 2007 (the year where I forgot where I put the elves and had to send a new one (Professor Sugar Plum) to make do until I could "uncover" them!
 
It doesn't really matter how you document December but these sure are fun to look at each year!

No comments:

Post a Comment